Tuesday 10 December 2013

With Al Sahwa

When I started this blog I set out to post at least 3 times a month but that has proven to be incredibly hard during the semester. I told myself I would make the time to post and not use "I don't have the time" as an excuse. And I'm sticking to that. I do have the time. There are little wholes in my schedule where I have nothing to do. What I lack however, is the energy. Writing isn't easy and I don't have the energy to gather random thoughts and string them into legible sentences. So, when one of my favorite high-school teachers told me about this project I was ecstatic.

What it means for you, dear reader, is that you will get to read things on this webpage of mine. What it means for me, is that I have to do none of the work.

Over the next few days I will post stories by Senior students from my beloved Sahwa Schools. This is an assignment where they have to modernize (right up my ally) Arabian tales and get people to respond to them. Part of the project is that they have to respond to comments on their stories, so we would appreciate it very much if you dropped a line after reading (even if anonymously).

So keep coming back here for the stories and don't forget to comment, share and just get a conversation started.

No comments:

Post a Comment