Friday 31 January 2014

With A Poem

I stare at all these men
Who seem to seize their day
then contrast them with myself
I've streamed my days away

They've each achieved success
As plot just goes their way
As if they live while I
Just stream my days away

My vacant mind just fills
With everything they say
For shallow wit and jokes
I've streamed my days away

They couldn't see me here
In this sluggish state I lay
Fixated on a screen
To stream my days away

I could ignore it all I want
Deny it as I may
Truth is that for them
I've streamed my life away

3 comments:

  1. But maybe, just maybe, while
    I stream my day away
    I'll find one episode that
    Brings sense to life my way

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this poem was published on my birthday! Nice poem. starting to become a fan of this blog, keep it up

    ReplyDelete